Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Everyone should have a Kayak

Weeks have passed...from bronchitis to drinking 3 days straight on a lake in Minnesota it is great to find a moment to write.

At our cabin we stayed at had two really great kayaks...at least the smaller green one was awesome; the larger orange kayak was cumbersome, uncomfortable, and a literal pain in the ass. Almost every person who got in this thing was flipped out and dunked into fish-piss-lake-water. For whatever reason I thought I was different and could handle it on choppy waters.

I did a great job, made it to the middle of the lake, was so proud and being smug about it; then I turned to check on my friend Julie who was 10 yards behind me and FLIP!! I was upside down in water, my floppy hat floating on the surface.

There is no feasible way to get in a kayak that is filled with water in the middle of a lake that you can't stand in. So I swam...the whole way back. Julie laughing and encouraging me the whole way as the life jacket made it very difficult to swim.

Great way to work out...trying not to drown ^_^

Remember: it is best not to brag or be boastful unless by a turn of hilarious events you get a funny story to tell.

Another post very soon

RWBB4EVR ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment